Tourist visa to Russia
A Russian visa is an official stamp which is placed in your passport at the Russian Consulate. In order to apply for a Russian tourist visa, you will first need to obtain an official Russian visa invitation from a licensed Russian travel company (you can arrange it with us).
The documents for the visa application vary according to the visa category (Tourist, Business, Work, Study, Transit, Private and others) and may differ from country to country. Down below you will find a list of documents that the Russian consulate usually requires in order to file a visa application:
- Original passport, must be valid 6 months after arrival from Russia. Must have at least 2 consecutive empty pages for the visa stamp
- Official Russian visa invitation (sometimes also called visa voucher or visa support)
A tourist invitation must be obtained from an authorized entity (travel agency), included in the Uniform Federal Register of the Tour Operators of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation and must contain detailed information about the travel (dates, accommodation, itinerary, visit program, etc.).
Art-Travel LTD is a Russian tour operator with official registration number of the Russian Federation for tourist purposes. The visa support documents issued by our company are accepted in most countries hosting a resident Russian embassy. If you are traveling with us we will make sure to provide you with all the visa support documents you will need
The visa support document is not a visa to the territory of the Russian Federation. The visa support document must be submitted to the Russian visa application form in order to obtain a valid entry visa to Russia
- 2 passport-size photos (photos must be recent and taken against a white background
- Medical insurance valid in the territory of the Russian Federation
- a bank statement or a statement from the employer regarding the applicant's wages
- Filled out and printed Russian visa application form. The form must be filled out on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: link
* the list is included as an example and is by no means accurate or complete. Please refer to the Russian Consulate in your country of residence for more detailed information on the specific entry visa requirements.
The ideal time to start your visa procedure is 2-3 months prior to departure. Please note that we recommend not to make any non-refundable bookings for your trip until you receive your passport with the visa stamp back from the Consulate.
If you plan to enter the country more than once during your trip, you are required to have a double-entry or multi-entry visa.
For more information about the visa support documents please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org